Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Dodgeball

If you read this blog you might be aware that I will not always follow the month to month sport as I posted during curriculum night.  Although I will get through all the sports I posted, sometimes things come up like half days and holidays.  Either way my students will have a full variety of skills and techniques that I teach them in everything that we do in P.E.

This week we are playing dodgeball!
These are some of the things we work on in dodgeball:

  • Throwing over hand.
  • Throwing under hand.
  • Catching.
  • Dodging.
  • Knowing where other players are.
  • Spatial awareness.
  • Playing defense.
  • Playing offense.
  • Aiming at a target below shoulder.
  • Teamwork and Sportsmanship.
  • Integrity and perseverance.
  • Problem solving. 
  • Having Fun and Exercising
Dodgeball is high energy and my student's have a great time playing.  This is an amazing work out for them!!

Go Chargers!!




No comments:

Post a Comment